Agile Strategic Planning
How To Develop a Strategic Plan That Boosts Performance
NEXT COURSES 2018
Brisbane, May 3 / Sydney, May 10 / Melbourne, May 17
- Thought Leadership
- Change how you lead strategic thinking in your organisation
- Fresh Framework
- Adopt new ways to solve strategy problems
- Innovative Methods
- Employ a better system to design strategy and develop a strategic plan
- To be a thought leader in your organisation around strategy issues?
- A fresh and effective framework to recognise and solve strategy problems?
- Innovative methods to develop strategy and a strategic plan that is implementable and has impact?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes” then this leading-edge seminar is for you. It will provide you with the confidence and skills to deal with today’s challenges through effective strategic thinking, clever manoeuvring and a strategic plan that ticks all the boxes on implementation.
It will help your organisation to:
- design a new business model to leapfrog the competition
- spell out its true competitive advantage
- assess its preparedness to face the innovation challenge
- become a true champion by avoiding strategic planning faults
- turn strategy into action
- avoid getting caught in operational issues when it means to address strategy.
You Want to Hear from the Best
For over 20 years Graham Kenny has been at the global forefront in developing methods to improve how managers design strategy and measure performance. He has now taken everything he has learnt as CEO; consultant; professor of strategy at universities around the world; and panellist and writer at the Harvard Business Review and distilled this expertise and experience into this master class.
Master Class Approach
- Limited number of delegates – maximum of 10 to ensure the greatest interaction with Graham and other delegates
- Interactive workshop format
- Active learning
- Detailed course manual
- Step-by-step you will be shown how to design strategy and put together a strategic plan that will find your competitive edge.
State-of-the-Art Manual and Strategic Plan Template
Our how-to manual explains the steps to follow and provides you with a ready reference to follow when back at work.
You’ll also be provided with a strategic-plan template that you can follow in developing your strategic plan. This template is employed in exercises during the day.
“Good, informative. Enjoyed the new ways of approaching the subject matter. Enjoyed the interactive nature of the agenda and day – which was well structured.”
Nigel Warren – General Manager, CSIRO Global
“The most informative and intellectually stimulating day I had all year. Thoroughly enjoyed it.”
Michael Noakes – Head of Risk, Compliance & Sales Operations, St George Banking Group
“Excellent. Really found the Strategic Factor Framework valuable, realistic and practical.”
Philip Micallef – General Manager, Intercel Wireless Communications
“Graham has a thorough knowledge and is able to teach his theories with clarity and by good use of case studies and examples. This subject matter has immense capacity to influence the results of companies. I wish I had done this years ago.”
Ben Connell – CEO, Kimbriki Environmental Services
“Enjoyed the seminar immensely.”
Brendan Zauner – Vice President Sales Asia, 20th Century Fox
“Graham communicated clearly and effectively. Informative, relevant with ideas I can implement immediately.”
Darren Stevenson – Managing Director, Extend After School Care
“Enjoyed it very much. Interesting, informative and useful – great to have all the examples from other industries. Good format and approach.”
Susanne Meilenbrock – Head of Medical Affairs Programs, Roche Products
“Graham is clearly a highly experienced thought leader and businessman. I had the fortune to attend a course he facilitated and read his published material. The breadth of examples he draws on are impressive and allows me to think outside my industry.”
Erin Faehrmann – Manager Asset Investment, SA Water
REVIEWING FOUNDATIONS FOR AGILE STRATEGY
- Features of Agile Strategic Planning
- Unravelling Strategy from Objectives and Action
- Distilling the Ingredients of Success
- Employing Outside-in Thinking
- Avoiding Strategic Planning Faults
- Tests for an Effective Strategic Plan
DEVELOPING RESPONSES TO CURRENT ISSUES
- Testing Yourself Against the Characteristics of the Innovative Organisation
- Developing a “New” Business Model
- Role of “Purpose” in Boosting Your Performance
- Emphasis on “Plan” versus “Planning” in Achieving Agility
- Successful Format for a Flexible Strategic Plan
WORKSHOPPING THE STEPS TO DESIGN AN AGILE STRATEGIC PLAN
- Forming Strategy Team
- Writing Industry and Business Overview
- Documenting Planning Parameters
- Identifying Key Stakeholders
- Drafting Purpose and Values
- Developing Measurable Objectives
- Designing Strategies to Achieve Targets
- Writing Action Plan to Implement Strategies
- Finalising Income Statement
The seminar day opens at 8.30am with registration and coffee. The program starts at 9.00am and concludes at 5.00pm.
Who Should Attend
Middle to senior management interested in boosting the performance of their organisation by developing: better thinking around future direction and competitiveness; a clearer view of what business strategy can deliver; what the contents of an effective strategic plan are, and how to implement a plan simply and effectively.
You’ll leave knowing you’ve heard the “right stuff” from a thought leader and practitioner, Dr Graham Kenny, Australia’s only regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review.
This fresh look at strategic planning will open your eyes to a simple way to develop a plan that will boost the performance of your organisation or business unit.
The practical and proven methods can be applied to any organisation or sector, private, public or not-for-profit.
Our expert will lead you with an emphasis on learning-by-doing:
- group learning from experienced delegates
- interactive workshop format
- active learning
- detailed course manual
- limited number of delegates
Step-by-step you will be shown how to put together strategy that will find your edge and boost performance.
Dr Graham Kenny, CEO of Strategic Factors, is an internationally recognised expert in strategy and performance measurement and Australia’s #1 strategy author with five books, numerous articles published in international journals and a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review.
He is passionate about helping boards, executives and managers lead successful organisations in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. He does this in three ways: 1) Upskilling leaders – through more than 20 years of seminars and workshops on strategy and performance management, by producing world-class materials, and through keynote speaking; 2) Consulting and facilitation – working with leaders to develop their business strategy and performance scorecards; 3) Publishing – through books, articles and manuals.
The day opens at 8.30am with registration and coffee. The program starts at 9.00am and concludes at 5.00pm.